Last Friday I took both boys in for check ups, Jake's 3 year (finally a month after his birthday) and Tyler's 2 month. For some reason Jake loves going to the doctor and any time we drive by the building her office is in he asks if he can go. It's not like he gets anything special there, I mean they sometimes offer him a sticker when we check out but sometimes the lady doesn't see him because the window you pay at is high up and they are sitting down at a computer doing the check out process. So it's not the fun prizes he gets that makes him want to go there, maybe he just likes the attention, I don't know. For now, I won't question my good fortune in having a toddler who doesn't scream through a doctor visit. Riley used to cling to me once we arrived in the waiting room and then practically climb up my body when the doctor came in (thankfully she's better about that now) but Jake would probably sit on his doctor's lap for the exam if she asked him to. So that all went really well with him cooperating with all aspects of the exam. He now weighs 29lbs and is 38in. tall. That puts him in I think the 20th percential for his weight and 60th for his height which is an almost complete reversal of the percentages from his last check up. He is losing his major baby/toddler weight, I guess. He no longer has that pudgy look to him that was so cute. :( Oh well, he's cute in the little boy version too. :)
Tyler also was very cooperative for his exam. He cried like he was being tortured when they weighed him but calmed down after that. He now weighs 11lbs and is 22 1/4 in. long. So he gained three pounds and grew almost another inch in the last month. He is starting to really take on that pudgy baby look that Jake has lost now so I'm glad I get to enjoy those cheeks and chubby arms and legs one more time. :) After being weighed and measured, I held him while the doctor did Jake's exam and he was practically asleep by the time it was his turn. He pretty much just laid there while the doctor looked him over so that was a pleasant surprise. Riley decided to obsess over the shots he was going to need and any time the doctor went near Tyler with any instrument she was saying "Oh no, are you giving him his shot now?! I'm covering my ears!" And then she would curl herself into a ball in her chair and stuff her fingers in her ears. That happened probably three times and the doctor kept telling her she didn't give the shots the nurse did and I kept telling her that I would warn her when the time came for the shots. And the when the time came for the shots and the nurse brought everything in she had to look at the syringes in morbid fascination until I finally told her it was time for the shots to be given and she scrambled back into her little ball and fingers-in-ears position. Thankfully I think she will be back in school when Tyler needs to go back for another check up. She won't have to go through all the stress of the ordeal and we won't have to deal with the drama. :) While Tyler did cry when they gave the shots, he stopped almost as soon as I picked him up again so it wasn't like he was screaming his head off over it forever after it was done.
I'm pleased to be able to say that last night Tyler went NINE hours between bottles. Yes, this is wonderful news! Unfortunately for me still, the feeding that was dropped was the 11pm one I had been giving him before I went to bed. He's been showing less and less interest in that feeding the last week or so, so I finally decided to just forget it. That means I still am probably going to have to get up during the night to feed him for at least a few more weeks, but it also means that my evenings are my own again (unless last night was a fluke and he decides he still needs a late evening bottle...I'm trying to keep that possibility in mind so I won't be upset if that happens) and I can go to bed whenever I want again instead of staying up to feed him one more time. And really, if he continues to sleep as long as he did last night, that's giving me a good five consecutive hours or more of sleep depending on what time I go to bed. I haven't slept for more than three or four hours in a row since he was born so I'll take what I can get!
I'm not so pleased to say that Jake still hasn't pooped in the toilet yet. Errr... I haven't fully decided how to go about getting him to do it either. Since he hasn't even gone once on the toilet, I don't feel like him being in trouble for pooping in his pants is the right response, but I also can't seem to catch him when he needs to go badly enough to actually get it out on the toilet. He doesn't see to be afraid, at least not of the toilet itself, so I don't really know what the problem is, but I'm getting more frustrated by the day.
2 comments:
That's great that Jake loves the doctor! I do not understand why babies cry like they're getting their shots when they're just getting weighed! Garrett was the same way up until his 2 year check up! So irritating. I'm glad their appointments went well! Yay for Tyler going 9 hours between feedings! You're almost to the 12 hour nights that you will be enjoying soon. Just be glad you're not in my shoes about to begin all that again! I'm just hoping Cooper will be a decent sleeper between feedings. I hope Jake figures out the pooping part soon! I guess the potty part is going well?
I enjoy reading your blogs Grace. It gives me something to look forward to! lol. I can't wait to be going through a daily routine with Brooklyn. I wish I could see Tyler in person, he's getting so big and cute! Jake is growing so fast and Riley is hilarious! She has such a funny personality! I can see her being the one who gets nervous in the doctor's room. lol. She is getting that from Grandma! My mom is like that too. I actually look forward to doctor's visits. They don't bother me at all. Soon I'll be able to share baby stories with you and compare notes on how our babies are doing. Looking forward to that time!! Meanwhile, I'm so tired of being pregnant!!!
Post a Comment